Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What to finish next?

I'm getting close to finishing the Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan that was on the cover of Interweave Fall, 2007 magazine. Three of us decided to make it and I just have about 14 more rows to do plus do the collar and buttons. And of course sew the sleeves in.

I've discovered that I like to finish projects quickly. Thus, Sue from 88 Stitches did send me a short scarf pattern that was online because right now I'm into short scarves. They go quickly, they look beautiful and they are great for keeping my neck warm at this time of the year.

I'm trying to use up my stash, but when Fleece Artist and Handmaiden shipments arrive at 88 Stitches, it will be hard for me to resist. The short row scarf that I made was out of Grande Godiva, silk and wool and the colours are renaissance and look amazing in short rows.

My daughter tried it on and she loved it but it is mine to keep. I'm planning to make several short scarves with buttons for Christmas and I already have one saved.

I'm very tired lately and even knitting for a long period of time is getting to be hard on my poor fibromyalgia body. With the weather constantly changing, I've run into a flare that just won't go away. However, I'm determined to finish this Tilted Duster in a week so I can actually wear it before it possibly gets warmer outside.

In BC, I still need a sweater in the Spring and yet I don't want the rain to ruin the beautiful Berroco peruvia.

1 comment:

the lazy knitter said...

Cynthia! I think we are a little similar in a couple of things... I like projects that are easy and quick and look great too!! And, I had suffered from fibromyalgia for years, now under control with a nutritional supplement, hypnosis, diet, and exercise!
Yeah, I wish I could move my nose and the house would be cleaned so that I could knit MORE!!!!

cheers,

tere
the lazy knitter
http://easyknittingpatterns.blogspot.com/