I finally finished the beret pattern from Freedom Spirit. I chose to do it in the round rather than have a seam up the back. My head is small and at first it was slipping down to my eyes. I blocked it in cold water, soaking it throughly and gently squeezing out the excess water. Spinning it in the washing machine for about 15 seconds is another way I do this type of blocking but I was too lazy to go down to the basement. It now fits my head perfectly however the picture that my youngest son took of me wasn't the best. I was trying to get him to get the hat and how wonderful it looks as a beret, but it didn't work. I do have this model that I got from a local beauty shop and she works great. Besides her head is about the size of mine!
Trying to figure out how to get a picture here plus take the picture and then upload it to my computer is old hat to me. No pun intended. But I haven't worked with html for several years so I'm very new at trying to link the pattern or even to link 88 Stitches, where I bought both the pattern and the yarn. Eventually I'll get it right.